We're committed to offering the highest quality music lessons in the Northwest.
Come visit our Salem studio to experience what a truly excellent music education looks like.
You'll be impressed.
LET US IMPRESS YOU
Apply now to receive one complimentary private music lesson.
Come discover the difference at
Northwest School of Music!
We'd love to have you come in
and experience, first hand, what a truly excellent music lesson looks (and sounds) like.
Apply now to receive one FREE lesson.
DISCOVER OUR PROGRAMS
We offer classes for all ages & skill levels.
About Northwest School of Music
Established in 2006
Northwest School of Music is the region’s premier institution for the study of the arts. We offer lessons to students of all ages and abilities throughout Salem and surrounding areas. We provide both private lessons and group classes at our downtown studio, as well as in-home private lessons. Whether you are looking for piano lessons, voice lessons, guitar, or instruction on any of numerous band and orchestra instruments, NWSM is the place to come!
At Northwest School of Music, our teachers believe that music is about more than just learning how to read notes on a page. We teach our students the joy of music—for with joy comes true understanding. Music begins inside each of us long before we are able to read it in black and white. Music is a living and breathing thing! Because of that, we show our students how to feel the music before we teach them how to read it. We listen, sing, and do rhythm activities to get our students in-tune with the music!
Music Lessons Enrich Our Lives
Music lessons make our lives richer by expanding horizons, developing creativity and imagination, and providing a lifetime of enjoyment. Whether you or your child are pursuing music instruction as a hobby or on a competitive or professional level, learning to play the piano or other instrument will help to create a sense of self-worth, a joy of learning, and a love for music.
At Northwest School of Music, our ambition is to develop the full creative potential of each and every student who walks through our doors.
The Northwest School of Music Difference
Northwest School of Music understands that you have many choices when looking at music studios. Here are just a few of the differences you’ll experience at NWSM:
- Qualified music instruction by trained and experience teachers
- Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend music classes
- Private and group lessons available
- Optimum music class sizes – maximum 10 students per class
- Age appropriate programs available for all ages – infants through adults
- Specialists in piano, guitar, voice, strings, and woodwinds—all located in one place!
- Convenient class schedules – classes are available weekdays, evenings, Saturdays
- Performance opportunities (low-pressure recitals) offered several times each year
- Desk staff available to assist you during the week